This document explains the collection, usage and disclosure policies pertaining to the personal information obtained on this website or when a customer purchases a product or services from Cover Genius Pty Ltd (Australian Company Number 159 983 598) of Level 19, 45 Clarence Street Sydney 2000, Australia (PO Box 17, Westgate NSW 2048), or its affiliates, including Cover Genius Limited (UK company Number 09408621) of 4 Ravey Street, London EC2A 4QP, United Kingdom, Cover Genius Europe BV of Bergvliet 6, 1391RN, Abcoude, Netherlands, Cover Genius Insurance Services, LLC and Cover Genius Warranty Services, LLC, of 27 East 28th Street, New York, NY 10016, and Cover Genius Canada, Inc., 40 King Street West, Suite 2100, Toronto, Ontario M5H 3C2 ( collectively, “Cover Genius”, “we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting your personal information. This document outlines how we collect, use and disclose personal information when you visit our website(s), use or purchase any of our products or services, and how to exercise your privacy rights.
1. Who We Are
Cover Genius is a global insurance and warranty online distribution platform. We sell policies that are developed to protect our customers. We may administer claims submitted pursuant to the terms and conditions of the policies.
2. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EEA and UK residents only)
In Writing: Cover Genius, Unit 6, 4 Ravey Street, London EC2A 4QP, United Kingdom
Via Email: [email protected].
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is information that can identify you. This includes but is not limited to your name, age, phone number, email address or online identifiers.
4. What Personal information do we collect?
The information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Cover Genius and the choices you make, the products and services you use, your location, and applicable law. This may include:
(A) Information you voluntarily provide to Cover Genius.
When you use our website, create an account with us, request a quote, purchase a policy, submit a claim, request support, subscribe to our marketing communications, or otherwise interact with us, you voluntarily provide us with personal information. This may include:
- first name(s), surname or company name of the covered party (including representation as the case may be);
- physical address (street, street number, postal code, city and country/region);
- email address;
- date of birth;
- a copy of your driver’s license and all the information therein;
- a copy of your passport number and all the information therein;
- telephone and mobile number;
- payment information such as your bank details (account number, account holder and card number) for claim purposes;
- proof of ID for claim purposes;
- trip or event details;
- details about the covered product, including proof of purchase;
- login details;
- information supporting your claim submission evidencing loss or damage;
- information you provide to us when you communicate with us via phone, chat box, email or any other channels of communication, including customer support service tickets.
(B) Information we collect automatically.
The information we collect includes:
Device data, such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. This device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, system configuration information, and location data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise.
This information is used to assess and improve your experience, to maintain the security of the website, to provide necessary functionality, to improve performance of the website, to identify future opportunities for development of the website or our services/products, and to sell and administer insurance and warranty products.
Some of the data automatically collected on the website, whether alone or in conjunction with other data, could be personally identifying to you.
(C) Personal Information we obtained from third-party sources.
We may obtain your personal information from third-party sources. Such third-party sources include:
- Through our partners – this happens when you book one of our policies through one of our partner’s websites or when our partners create quotes and book policies through our portals.
- Through third parties – this may happen through our underwriters, carriers, and reinsurers, your representatives (family members), service providers, marketing partners and data providers, social media platforms, claim investigators and handlers, and our other third-party partners. Please see below for more information about our third-party marketing partners and data providers.
5. How do we use your personal information
We use and process your personal information for the purposes and on the legal basis identified below:
- To provide you with our products and services. When you enter into an agreement with us, we will collect, store and use elements of your personal information to perform our contract with you for use of our services and to fulfil our obligations under applicable terms of service and/or terms and conditions of the purchased product. The processing of this personal information is necessary by us in order to administer your account and to provide a suitable policy for your trip. It is held and used to:
- Identify you;
- Offer you a suitable product for your needs and location;
- Assist you with the administration of your claims (only claim-relevant information);
- Issue you booking reminders for your convenience.
Should you choose not to provide us with details of your personal information we may not be able to carry out the services we have stated in the clause.
- To provide support: We may also process your personal information in order to provide you with support with an existing booking for which you have contacted us, to the extent it is necessary for providing you with our services and to fulfil our contractual obligations with you.
- To communicate with you: We process your personal information when you send us a query or otherwise communicate with us or to communicate with you about our services and products to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- To send you marketing communication: We may also collect and process your personal information to send you direct marketing communications and other non-transactional communications in accordance with your marketing preferences, for our legitimate interests in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent (see Section 10 below for further information).
- To maintain, secure and improve our products and services: We may also process your personal information (such as by recording your communications with us, collecting information about your use of our website or services), to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in securing our website and services, maintaining the quality of our services and improving our products or, with your consent, when required by applicable laws.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect the personal information we process about you, we are dedicated to preventing any accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss or destruction of personal information, or any unauthorised access to or unauthorised disclosure of personal information. Our technical and organisational security measures are constantly improved as part of our technological development. In addition, our employees, subcontractors and other support staff are obligated to observe confidentiality and data privacy.
- Only our authorised personnel have access to your personal information. If an employee leaves the company, his/her access to our database is removed.
- We only disclose personal information once an individual has met all the identification requirements.
- We constantly train our staff on how to handle personal and sensitive information.
- Our website supports “Secure Socket Layer” or SSL encrypted 256-bit SSL which prevents other computers to impersonate your computer & access or modify from other third parties while it travels around the Internet.
- Our payment gateways are encrypted to enable safe transfer of credit card details.
Wherever possible, we have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk and we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
All passwords and usernames allocated to you must be kept secret and must not be disclosed to anyone without our prior written authorisation. You must not use any false identity in email or other network communications and you must not attempt or participate in the unauthorised entry or viewing of another user’s account or into another system.
7. SHARING OF DATA WITH OTHER PARTIES
Here at Cover Genius we take your privacy seriously and the information we hold about you is confidential. We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties except as outlined below. We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third party vendors: In order to administer your contract and provide you with our services, we may need to share some of your personal information with third parties who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include: our insurers, claim handlers, cloud hosting providers, payment processing service providers, and communication providers. These third-party service providers are not authorised to retain, share, store or use your personal information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our terms, or as evidence in litigation in which we may be involved.
- Fraud prevention. If you give us false or inaccurate information and fraud (in any form) is identified, details about your identity and the fraud will be passed to the fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may also share, access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking any details that may be provided to us during the course of engaging in business with us.
In addition, law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- Consent. We may share your information with any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer and anonymously accumulate your personal information and our website’s usage, enabling us to recognise when your computer goes on our website in the future. Cookies do not damage your computer and you can deactivate them if you do not wish to receive them on your computer.
You can change your cookie settings by reading the help section for your browser for the latest instructions.
9. Direct marketing communication
We may also collect and use your personal information (such as your business contact information) to send you direct marketing communications and other non-transactional communications in accordance with your marketing preferences, including information about our (or selected third parties’) products, promotions, events, and services, which may be of interest to you.
To help make our emails more interesting and relevant, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from Cover Genius if your computer supports such capabilities.
You have a right to opt-out of our direct marketing communications at any time. You can opt-out by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication or by emailing [email protected].
10. Links to websites of other providers’ third parties
11. How long will your personal information be stored for?
Where possible, we will take steps to erase any personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed. As a licensed insurance intermediary, Cover Genius is subject to certain minimum retention requirements with respect to maintaining its transaction and claims records for the regulatory agency of the applicable territory. If you have withdrawn consent for the processing and retention of data beyond that period, we will take steps to erase any personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed.
As a general rule, if you enter into or took steps to enter into a contract with Cover Genius, we will store the data in accordance with other regulations and compliance with our general legal obligations and for the exercise or defence of any legal claims.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have the right to ‘block’ or request the deletion or removal of personal information to prevent further processing. Further information about your privacy rights is provided in Section 14 In certain cases.
12. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
The Website and our Services are provided and hosted in Germany and our service providers are located all around the world.
If you are resident in or a visitor from the EEA, UK or Switzerland, we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of the EEA, UK or Switzerland by processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.
If you require further information about our international transfers of personal information, please contact us using the contract details in the “Contacting Us” section further below.
13. YOUR data privacy rights
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the personal information we control about you:
- You can access, correct, update and delete your personal information by emailing us at [email protected] or by writing at Compliance Officer, Cover Genius Unit 6, 4 Ravey Street, London EC2A 4QP, United Kingdom. If you have an account with us, you can log in to your account and update your information at any time.
- In addition, if you are a resident of or visitor from the EEA, UK or Switzerland, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please send an email to [email protected] .
- You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link in the emails or by emailing [email protected] If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, we may still communicate with you regarding such things as service-related messages, responses to service requests, or other transactional, non-marketing purposes.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time (including by contacting us by email at [email protected] or in writing at Compliance Officer, Cover Genius Unit 6, 4 Ravey Street, London EC2A 4QP, United Kingdom) Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
15. COntacting us